CONCUSSION CARE SUPPORT
If you have been thinking about getting Concussion Care in the South Bay, call/text to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Doctor Zo, DC [ 949.432.1449 ]
The Dr. Zo assessment is carried out in a clinical setting and it involves
- · Taking a comprehensive history of the players condition
- · Symptom evaluation
- · A cognitive screen, which is a measure of orientation and immediate memory.
- · A measure of concentration
- · A neurological screen
- · Delayed recall
The results of the assessment are compared to a previously conducted baseline assessment or to normative score and are used to confirm a concussion.
Seek emergency care for an adult or child who experiences a head injury and signs and symptoms such as:
- Repeated vomiting or nausea
- A loss of consciousness lasting longer than 30 seconds
- A headache that gets worse over time
- Fluid or blood draining from the nose or ears
- Vision or eye disturbances, such as pupils that are bigger than normal (dilated pupils) or pupils of unequal sizes
- Ringing in the ears that doesn’t go away
- Weakness in the arms or legs
- Appearing very pale for longer than an hour
- Changes in behavior
- Confusion or disorientation, such as difficulty recognizing people or places
- Slurred speech or other changes in speech
- Obvious difficulty with mental function or physical coordination
- Changes in physical coordination, such as stumbling or clumsiness
- Seizures or convulsions
- Lasting or recurrent dizziness
- Symptoms that worsen over time
- Large head bumps or bruises on areas other than the forehead in children, especially in infants under 12 months of age
Method of use
An athlete displaying obvious signs of concussion on pitch are immediately withdrawn from play and an immediate./on-field assessment is carried out. In this case completing an off-field assessment is not required.
An athlete who gets involved in an event with potential to cause a concussion, but without obvious signs and symptoms of concussion may be allowed to continue playing while being monitored. An off field assessment tool should then be completed after play.
COMING SOON!!! SMARTFIT COGNITIVE TESTING!!
How It Works
Take the SMARTfit Dual Task Journey to Cognitive-Motor Health
It starts with a game that triggers the desire to play. Then, through highly engaging repetition powered by the desire to achieve, it rapidly evolves into skilled action without conscious thought (automaticity).
SMARTfit’s sensitized target displays naturally combines focus, decision-making and motor interaction into skills at any level.
Measure – Repair – Prevent – Slow – Perform
- Measure – Cognitive function while moving
- Repair – Orthopedic/neuro rehab, Assisted Living and Autism Spectrum, Return-to-play-sports
- Prevent – The loss of ADL’s (activities of daily Living)
- Slow – Onset of MCI/dementia
- Perform – Sports, Fitness, Youth Development
SMARTfit technology combines seven key elements to create a unique, fun, measurable multisensory brain-body training experience:
- Programming that is customized, measurable and scalable to each individuals ability level
- High-level engagement motivated through gamification triggers faster development
- Instant feedback via measurable and tracked results supported by progress and baseline reporting
- Real, tactile, resistance and impact based training
- Multiplanar lower body movement over various distances & directions
- Multiplanar upper body functional or sports movements
- Social interaction
Visual, auditory, and physical tasks are integrated in performing the motor skills required to rewire the brain. These protocols, with their profound and SIMULTANEOUS brain/body stimulation, are the key element that differentiate a functional training program from a general conditioning program.
This unique form of training delivered by SMARTfit‘s 360 Interactive Training Arena, provides greater input to the proprioceptors of the motor system, and with it, greater subsequent refinement of movement patterns. The resistance and motor patterns encountered with the use of real tactile equipment verses simulated movements offered by virtual reality gaming creates more dynamic neuromuscular control in a functional setting of play.
Human nervous system functions invariably involve a combination of cognitive and motor components. Researchers are optimistic that SMARTfit will prove to be an exceptionally effective and an important tool, that combines cognitive and motor training in unique and endless combinations, to help rewire the brain and to address a multitude of indications within the medical, athletic, fitness and educational realms.