If you have been thinking about getting “PRE” and “POST” surgical supplement support/lifestyle advice, call/text to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Doctor Zo, DC [ 949.432.1449 ]
A Pre-Surgical Consultation includes:
- Drink clear liquids.
- Consume enough protein.
- Get enough fiber and engage in healthy practices.
- Eat plenty of plant-based foods.
- Avoid sugary foods.
- Stop smoking.
- Consider taking nutritional supplements.
- Increase your physical activity.
- Attain a healthy weight.
- Continue taking your prescribed medications.
- Communicate with your surgeon.
A POST-SURGICAL CONSULTATION INCLUDES:
- After surgery, your first priority is to heal.
- You want to feel better and get back to your usual activities as quickly as possible.
- Though you may not feel like eating soon after your procedure, it’s smart to pay attention to your diet after surgery.
- Proper nutrition can aid healing and recovery, and eating the wrong foods at the wrong time can trigger uncomfortable complications.
- Dr. Zo will give you specific instructions regarding what to eat after surgery, as your post-surgery diet will depend, in part, on your preexisting health conditions and the type of surgery you had.
What is Medical Tourism?
In general, medical tourism is the act of going overseas to obtain medical, cosmetic or dental treatment in another country. Medical tourism is also regarded as Health Tourism, Medical Travel or Global Healthcare. Over the past five years, many travel agencies specializing in medical tourism have been offering packages to people who want to receive medical treatments abroad.
The Benefits of Medical Tourism
- Affordability and Cost-effectiveness. The low cost of medical procedures, is the number one reason why people go offshore for medical treatments.
- High-Quality Healthcare.
- Immediate Service.
- Improved Flight and Communication Services.
- Travel Opportunities.
- Certain medical services are not available in their country of residence.
- Their health insurance does not cover the full cost of a procedure.
- Most people are unwilling to compromise their health just because the treatment costs are too high.
People are opting to receive medical treatment abroad rather than in their own countries!
The Pros and Cons of Medical Tourism
Advantages of Medical Tourism
• The process of medical tourism allows people to receive treatments much more quickly and skip the long waiting list in their originating countries.
• It also helps lower the cost of treatment if one opts for a country with cheaper healthcare services compared to the country of residence.
• Given the nature of the practice, patients may also be able to explore the country they are visiting while they access the healthcare they need.
Disadvantages of Medical Tourism
• The application process of getting legal permits and visas and the corresponding paperwork can be time-consuming and expensive, depending upon the country you are travelling to.
• Cultural and language barriers can be an issue for the patients undergoing treatment when it comes to communicating with healthcare officials.
• A major concern among patients is the follow-up after the treatment is done and the patient returns to the native country.
• Malpractice in this industry can have serious consequences for a patient’s health. High-quality premium medical care services may be promised, but not provided to the patients.
Affordability and Cost-effectiveness
The low cost of medical procedures, is the number one reason why people go offshore for medical treatments. The savings range between 30% and 80% of the cost that you would normally pay in the USA.
Due to the low prices of medical procedures and surgery abroad, some people worry that medical tourism might be fraud or a scam. The main reason behind the low prices of medical treatments abroad is the low cost of labor in the popular medical tourism destinations.
Although the treatments are cheap, in most cases surgical procedures are performed by well trained experts who are using top notch technology. In addition, the lower costs of malpractice, insurance and administration also contribute to the low prices of overseas medical procedures.
Even though medical tourism is about obtaining medical care, a side benefit of medical tourism is having the opportunity to travel to another country. For some medical tourists, especially those seeking dental care, cosmetic care or wellness treatments, these can enjoy the opportunity to travel overseas in addition to receiving less expensive healthcare.